Makes: 12 pancakes
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tbsp tapioca starch
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
Combine all the dry ingredients and mix with a whisk, breaking up any lumps. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and beat well with a whisk.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Let sit 5 minutes.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Grease lightly.
Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop the pancake batter into the pan.
Cook each pancake for 1½ to 2 minutes, until the bottom is browned.
Flip and cook for another minute.
Transfer pancakes to a cooling rack or plate and repeat.
- This recipe uses blanched almond flour. You could substitute with regular almond flour or almond meal, but the texture may be more gritty or coarse.
- The almond milk can be substituted with regular dairy milk or other nut milks.
- Add ⅓ cup fresh blueberries or chocolate chips to the batter for some flavour variation.
- For detailed instructions – with images – on how to make this recipe, check out the recipe on my website.