These muffins are high is protein and rich in fibre, perfect for those who are always on the go. The baked muffins can be frozen in freezer bags and stored for up to three months and then warmed up in the microwave.
They can also be made as patties and eaten with a salad or, even better, they can be turned into burgers! To keep them vegetarian, replace the meat with chopped tofu, chickpeas or even edamame – bare-minimum wash-up and deliciousness overload, not to mention healthy!
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Makes: 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp quinoa flour
- ½ cup leftover cooked meat or cold cuts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium cooked potato, chopped
- 3 tbsp cooked sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp cooked peas
- ¼ cup cheese of your choice, grated
- 2 tsp dried herbs of your choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (+ 2 tbsp for lining the tray)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients well to combine. Season to taste.
- Line a mini cupcake tray with coconut oil. Using a teaspoon, fill each muffin cup with the quinoa mixture. Pat down to remove any excess air.
- Bake for 8–10 min, or until golden brown.