Using leftover cake crumbs, a little bit of chocolate and some jam can go a long way in making your day filled with deliciousness and score you some serious brownie (or, um, cake) points with your loved ones. This recipe makes about 26 cake pops. Believe me – they won't last.
Makes: 26 pops
- 3 cups chocolate cake crumbs
- 1 cup chocolate ganache
- 4 tbsp berry jam
- 350g dark chocolate, melted
- 26 cake pop sticks
- Mix the cake crumbs with the ganache and jam until the mixture is the texture of sand and forms clumps. Take a little of the mixture in your hands and try forming a ball. If it doesn't form and breaks apart, add more jam. If it's too sticky, add more crumbs.
- Use your hands to form 26 balls.
- Put a cake pop stick in the centre of each ball, place them on a tray and put in the freezer to set.
- Once frozen, dunk each pop into the melted dark chocolate, then gently scatter some sprinkles on top while the chocolate is still damp.
- Set the pops in a deep bowl filled with some lentils, beans or rice, making sure they stand upright.
- Leave to set at room temperature, then cool overnight.
- Wrap the pops in cling film and gift to your loved ones!