- 2 ears of corn
- 1 teaspoon light oil (rapeseed for me)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 fresh lime (optional)
- 1 knob of butter (optional)
Peri-Peri style dry rub
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ of your favourite mixed dry rub (mine is Jerk or Old Bays!)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Take the husk off the corn, leaving the stem intact and wash in cold water. Dry and drizzle with oil rubbing it all over the corn.
- Make the peri-peri dry rub by mixing all the spices (you can double up the seasoning and save half for next time).
- Sprinkle and spread the spices all over the corn and into all the gaps so that it is coating all of the corn.
- Heat a griddle pan or and barbeque until it is very hot, put the corn on high heat. Turn it every 3 minutes until cooked on all sides, approximately 10-12 mins.
- Serve piping hot with a squeeze of fresh lime and knob of butter! You will make corn like this all the time!
You can use this corn to make corn and cherry tomatoes salsa, it’s insanely good as a side at a barbeque! Serve with lots of fresh coriander and lime.
The Peri-peri style dry rub is delicious on meat and fish. Use it on salmon, chicken legs, prawns or used in a spicy burger! You get the idea, put it on everything.