- 1 cup yellow mung dal
- 6 cups water
- 4 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 5 fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp masala powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse the mung dal twice to wash away the phytic acid.
- Place the dal and 3 cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for 25 minutes, uncovered, while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the last 3 cups of water and boil for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend with an immersion blender or in a blender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add in cumin, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Wait until the seeds start to pop, then turn down the heat.
- Add in garlic and brown slightly. Then add curry leaves, cilantro, turmeric and masala powder.
- Stir this flavouring into the soup, and add salt to taste. Serve hot.
As part of Global Wellness Day, Lakshimi will be sharing her recipes in a cooking tutorial at the Landmark Mandarin. The hotel is also offering three complimentary yoga and wellness sessions to the public:
June 11th, Saturday
9 - 10:15 am
Gentle Yoga Flow with Lily
10:30 - 11:45 am
Hatha Yoga with Nadine
"Silence your body" holistic healing session with Dr. Buathon Thienarrom
All sessions will take place at Yoga Room of The Oriental Spa, Landmark Mandarin
The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, 2132 0188