We're all for food that tastes good and is also good for you. Hence, we've teamed up with Jamie's crew (Jamie Oliver, that is – this is how we roll on a first-name basis) to bring you a series of delicious yet wholesome recipes plucked straight from his new Super Foods menu.
Here's a recipe you can feel good about indulging in:
- 200g quinoa
- 100g black rice
- 200g Puy lentils (tinned)
- 200g chickpeas (tinned)
- ½ bulb fennel
- 250g beetroot, cooked
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 150g cottage cheese
- 50g spinach
- handful of radishes, sliced
- 4 tsp harissa
- 50g mixed seeds
- Cook the quinoa and rice in pans of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Drain the tinned lentils and chickpeas and toss them with the quinoa and rice in a large bowl.
- Finely slice the fennel using a mandolin, then drain and quarter the beets and add them to the bowl.
- Chop the herbs, reserving some attractive baby leaves for garnish. Add the rest to the bowl with the vinegar, oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss all the contents of the bowl together and divide into serving bowls.
- Preheat a griddle pan to high. Halve, peel and destone the avocados, then grill for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the grilled avocado half on top of each salad and sprinkle with cottage cheese, spinach leaves and the sliced radishes.
- Spoon over the harissa and scatter over the seeds.
Too tired (or just too lazy) to tackle this dish at home? Don't fret as you can always indulge in Jamie's new Super Food menu at Jamie's Italian in Causeway Bay and TST.