The annual Foodie Forks awards are viewed as the industry’s who’s who event, when the editors and readers of Foodie recognise the top restaurants, game-changers and groundbreakers in the world of food – those doing good and serving up their heart and soul, the people who make Hong Kong’s food scene one of the most dynamic, inspiring and diverse in the world.
Foodie Forks 2020 categories
- Best Restaurant: Where do you go for a special occasion?
- Best New Restaurant: What new eatery made a mark on your taste buds?
- Best New Bar: Where’s the hottest new spot in town for a tipple?
- Chef of the Year: Who cooked up a meal that you still remember?
- Trusted Favourite: What’s your trusted go-to for an effortless dining experience?
- Best Café: Which café serves up the best cuppa in town?
- Best Green Eats: Which restaurant offers the best vegetarian menu options, even if it also serves meat?
- Hidden Gem: Reveal that great place you cherish that never seems to get enough love
- Food Hero: Tell us who inspired you in the world of food this year
- Most Inspiring Initiative: Which enterprise has a philanthropic, community-centric or environmental purpose that has inspired you in the world of food?
For a reminder of all the new eateries that have landed on the local scene since last May, have a look at these lists to jog your memory for the Best New Restaurant category: New Restaurants: March 2020, New Restaurants: February 2020, New Restaurants: January 2020, New Restaurants: December 2019, New Restaurants: November 2019, New Restaurants: October 2019, New Restaurants: September 2019, New Restaurants: August 2019, New Restaurants: July 2019, New Restaurants: June 2019 and New Restaurants: May 2019.
Your favourite restaurants, both long-standing and newly opened, need your help this year more than ever. It’s been a challenging time for everyone, and the F&B industry has been hit especially hard. Help us to give your favourites a boost by celebrating their achievements, endurance and great food.
Also, check out all the Foodie Forks 2019 winners.