Starting 1 November, restaurants across Hong Kong will be joining the Donate-a-Meal campaign, which aims to raise much-needed funds for three charities providing emergency food to the most vulnerable families in Hong Kong affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To support this campaign, participating restaurants will be adding a voluntary $15 donation to each bill throughout the month of November.
Some of our favourite restaurants have signed on to support this inspiring initiative, including many of our Foodie Forks 2020 winners. You can support the campaign by visiting and donating at:
- Cafe 8 – Best New Café, Editors’ Choice
- TREEHOUSE – Best Green Eats, Readers’ Choice
- Confusion – Best Green Eats, Editors’ Choice
- BEDU, Uma Nota and Mamma Always Said – Chef of the Year, Editors’ Choice (Corey Riches of BEDU), and Food Hero, Readers’ Choice (Laura Offe, co-founder of Meraki Hospitality Group)
Some of the other fabulous participating restaurants include:
- The Nest and The Nest Bakery, both of which (as well as Cafe 8) are founded by The Nesbitt Centre, a not-for-profit organisation that empowers adults with learning difficulties
- Foodie Forks 2019 Best Green Eats Editors’ Choice winner VEDA and Ovolo Hotels’ other beloved restaurants TQM and Komune
- Locofama and Sohofama, both of which are run by Foodie Forks 2019 Food Hero Larry Tang
The funds raised throughout the campaign will be split between charity organisations Feeding Hong Kong, Christian Action and ImpactHK. According to Gabrielle Kirstein, founder of Feeding Hong Kong, all it takes is $5 to support one meal for a person in need. If everyone does their part, we can all make a big difference in our communities.
For the full list of restaurants and to find out more about this important campaign, visit donate-a-meal.org.
For more articles like this, like Foodie on Facebook