In the lead-up to our annual Food’s Future Summit, we’re thrilled to see so many new and exciting events contributing in a positive way to the future of food. Working together via various avenues and disciplines is of the utmost importance when trying to achieve a better future for all of us, and the Hong Kong Food Hackathon 2019 aims to highlight this in a fun and interactive way.
Back for its second year, the Hong Kong Food Hackathon is a creative event aimed at disrupting the food system in a circular economy. Launched in collaboration with business, food innovators, futurists and NGOs, the Hackathon provides a fantastic opportunity for businesses and entrepreneurs.
Over the weekend of 20–22 September 2019, multidisciplinary teams will be formed and will get the chance to create new HK-inspired recipes as well as designing new business plans to tackle human and environmental challenges. We foodies do love a good challenge!
What to expect
- teamwork! You’ll be part of a team consisting of different people with various skills
- 8 food stations and 8 chefs, plus nutritionists, engineers, designers, sociologists and more!
- each team will recreate favourite Hong Kong recipes
- teams will conduct research and design a prototype that will be judged at the end of the weekend
- all meals, snacks and beverages will be provided throughout the weekend
Who should join
- foodies with an interest in the future of food
- students in the following disciplines: design, engineering, sciences, food, policy, film, hospitality and more
- anyone with experience in the F&B industry
When: 6:30pm on Friday, 20 September 2019 until 5pm on Sunday, 22 September 2019
Where: Cook Beyond, 12/F, Block E and F, Luk Hop Industrial Building, 8 Luk Hop Street, San Po Kong
• Early bird (until 30 August 2019 at 11:30pm): $400
• Regular (until 16 September 2019 at 11:30pm): $490
How to register: just fill out this Google form and state in 150 words why you would like to join the Hackathon