A Sustenir special, we created this luxurious yet light pasta dish that will surely leave you wanting more. The Toscano kale pairs perfectly with the seafood broth, and the dish has a hint of spice for that extra zing.
We recommend accompanying this dish with a bottle of Riesling, which will enhance its flavours, giving you the perfect night in.
- 100g Sustenir Toscano Kale (available at all Market Place by Jasons outlets)
- 3 tiger prawns
- 160g linguine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 40ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 40ml white wine
- 1 calamansi
- 120ml seafood stock (see below)
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 crab shells
- 100g prawn heads
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- Start with the seafood stock. Place all the stock ingredients in a big pot along with 3L water and simmer for 45–60 minutes.
- To make the pasta, first finely chop the Sustenir Toscano Kale and tiger prawns.
- Mince the garlic and red chilli,
- Cook the linguine till al dente or as preferred, then drain.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a pan. Lightly sauté the garlic.
- Add in the drained linguine and white wine and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Throw in the chilli, tiger prawns and Sustenir Toscano Kale.
- Add in the seafood stock and let the pasta simmer for a minute or two.
- Finish off the dish with a squeeze of calamansi and enjoy!
For more awesome recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook