Our go-to place in Soho for tasty Sichuan food, Chilli Fagara has been a Foodie favourite since it opened back in 2005. If you’ve never been, we recommend prepping those palates for a fiery ride and ordering their garlic-infused beef slices, pork and veggie dumplings and stir-fried green beans.
The restaurant has recently launched its own brand of spice mixes, so you can take their quintessential Sichuan flavours home with you. The first spice mix is their signature house blend chilli powder, which is a mix of four different roasted chillies, nuts and Sichuan peppercorns; so now you can add that addictive, numbing, spicy kick to any dish at home.
This recipe for spicy chicken wings is easy to whip up as a no-fuss mid-week meal. Serve it as a snack with beer or at dinner with rice or noodles.
Spicy Chicken Wings with Chilli Fagara Spice Blend
- 8 chicken wings or drumsticks
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- ½ tsp chicken powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Shaoxing wine, or any preferred cooking wine
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp Chilli Fagara house blend chilli powder
- 1 fresh chilli, to garnish
- Marinate the chicken wings in ginger juice, chicken powder, salt and Shaoxing wine for 1 hour.
- Remove from the marinade and pan-fry in oil on low-medium heat. Cook on each side for 3–4 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and add the chilli powder, making sure that all sides of the chicken are well coated.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fresh chilli.
Chilli Fagara’s house blend chilli powder, available to buy on Deliveroo or from their restaurant on Old Bailey Street
Make sure to visit Chilli Fagara at our Foodie Market on 4th Sept at HMV Bar & Restaurant where they’ll be serving their classic dishes along with their House Blend Chilli Powder.
Chilli Fagara, 7 Old Bailey Street, Soho, Central, 2893 3330