Servings: 8 pieces
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
¹/³ cup fresh lemon juice (extracted from 1½-2 fresh lemons)
½ cup milk
½ plain yoghurt
1¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 lemon zest
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix together brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, milk, and yoghurt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the wet mixture to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray. Sprinkle lemon zest on top and bake for about an hour.
By Cindy Lam and her ever-delectable vegetarian blog Ms Food Division