In partnership with Lee Kum Kee
Serves: 6 as a side
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- 250g peeled king prawns
- 4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
- 125g wholegrain rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 200g mangetout, sliced lengthways
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- ½ tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1½ tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- 2 little gem lettuce
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped roughly
- Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil , to drizzle (optional)
1. Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) over high heat. Combine the prawns with the Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce and place onto the pan. Cook for around 2 minutes per side, until pink and slightly charred. Set aside.
2. Mix the rice and mangetout with the mango, Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil, Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce and mirin. Separate the leaves of the gem lettuce and spoon a little rice mixture into each one.
3. Top with the prawns. Sprinkle over the chopped peanuts and a little Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil, if desired.
LEE KUM KEE QUICK FACTS
- Oyster sauce was invented by accident. Lee Kum Kee’s founder forgot to put out the fire while cooking oysters and a thick layer of brown paste with a fabulous taste was formed on the wok. This was the birth of oyster sauce.
- The symbolism of the Lee Kum Kee logo represents a “cultural bridge” between East and West, a connection for all those who share a passion for Chinese and Asian food, while the unique purple text represents Lee Kum Kee’s “constant entrepreneurship”.
- Lee Kum Kee is adamant about the quality management philosophy of “100-1=0”. This means they tolerate zero error throughout the whole manufacturing process “from farm to fork”, conveying the message of “quality never compromised”.
- Lee Kum Kee sauces were selected for use on the spacecraft Shenzhou 9, 10 and 11 for their stringent quality standards. In 2015, astronauts brought along Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Mayo to NASA’s International Space Station.
For more recipes by Lee Kum Kee, click here
For more content like this, like Foodie on Facebook