Busy times inspired NOC to create our cold-brew coffee cans because we want you to be able to enjoy our caffeinated goodness anywhere, anytime.
Even better, you can now make vegan coffee jelly with our canned cold brew. Simply follow the quick and easy recipe created by our talented head chef, Patrick, and treat yourself to this light, refreshing dessert.
- 1 can NOC cold-brew coffee
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 small carton coconut cream
- 4g kanten* powder
- 3 tsp raw brown sugar (or plant-based sweetener of your choice)
* Kanten is a Japanese gelling agent that is used to make a variety of wagashi, traditional Japanese confectionery. Extracted from an edible algae called Gelidiales, kanten is an all-natural, plant-based alternative to gelatin. Not only is it tasteless and scentless, but it is also made of 80%-water-soluble fibre and has almost zero calories.
- Pour 100ml coconut milk and 50ml coconut cream into a measuring container and whisk together (coconut milk and cream are naturally sweet, but for those who have a sweet tooth, you can also add maple syrup or a plant-based sweetener of your choice to taste). Cover and chill.
- Pour the canned cold brew into a small pan and bring it to the boil. Gradually add in the raw brown sugar and kanten powder as you stir the mixture. Continue until the kanten powder and sugar dissolve completely, then pour into a container or shallow dish. Let the mixture cool down before covering it and putting it in the fridge to chill. To speed up the cooling process, you can also place ice packs underneath the container or dish.
- Once the mixture sets, run the tip of a knife across the container or dish to cut the coffee jelly into ½-inch cubes. Gently scoop out the cubes and place them in a serving glass or bowl.
- Pour the chilled coconut mixture over the coffee jelly and serve with a layer of coconut cream on top.
Post your efforts on Instagram and tag @noccoffeeco for a chance to win a goodie bag